So, I want to use Legos as a physical design medium as described in my prior note.
I think as a test run, I'm going to make a demo for mounting an Adafruit Feather. Brainstorming:
- Have THT holes for the edge pins
- Have mounting holes for the main corner mounts
- Have an optional pair of SMT QWIIC connectors at the front and back
- Maybe break out some other pins too?
- Maybe make a "side mount" and a "top/bottom" mount
I want some base plates and parts to use for basic mounting (and maybe a little for playing with).
Here's my notes on shopping. These are all amazon.de links, because I'm in Germany.
- 10713 Starter Case - 213 pieces, assorted colors, 15.83 EUR
- 10698 Classic Large Bricks Box - 790 pieces, assorted colors, 34.99 EUR
- $60 on LEGO website
- Includes 1x 6"x6" and 1x 4"x2" green baseplates
- 11001, 11006, 11007 Set - 123 + 52 + 60 pieces, assorted/blue/green, 28.54 EUR
I had these two online stores recommended to me, which look like a good choice if I want specific parts/colors. Not sure on the cost of shipping or anything.
- There seem to be a lot of people selling batches here
- The going price seems to be about 20-25EUR/kg, which claims ca. 700 pieces
- Drill Hole Size Tolerance:
2.0" / 8mm => 6.350 0.9" / 8mm => 2.858
X: 89.84 + Y: 119.05
23 + 39.50 + 32 + 23.50